The Division of Small Business is a service-focused agency committed to helping businesses start and grow in Delaware.
Whether you are a would-be entrepreneur with just the seed of an idea or an experienced business owner looking to expand, our team of Business Resource Managers can provide you one-on-one assistance and counseling to help you succeed.
The regionally-focused Business Resource Managers have decades of experience between them and can assist with a variety of needs, including:
- Navigating government processes
- The manager can serve as a liaison for you with state agencies, helping you to cut through red tape, reducing the amount of time you spend dealing with government and allowing you to focus on opening or growing your enterprise.
- Connecting with resource organizations
- There are approximately 100 different organizations, government entities, non-profits and more that provide services directly to Delaware small businesses. A manager can help you connect with the right one. Or you can you this site’s Business Resource Portal to find the best assistance.
- Accessing capital
- Cash flow can be make or break for a business. A manager can help you connect with funding opportunities from regional resources or from Division of Small Business programs. Information on those programs is available on the Incentives page.
Connect with a Business Resource Manager today.
Our goal is to make Delaware the #1 state in the U.S. for small business.
Contact us to see how we can help you.
Delaware’s Small Business Landscape
A “small business” is one with 100 or fewer employees
98% of Delaware business are small businesses
55% of Delawareans are employed by a small business